Thursday, April 28, 2011

Its just Penny and Gil tonight.




Dearest Penny,
You once were the life of the party. I had many adventures in you, my friends did too. We partied hardy in your luscious silver coating, over your cast iron and aluminum frame. You even had a boyfriend, Gilbert, he was the your life, he even kissed you and we would sing, "Penny and Gil like to roll the windows down!!!". Your seat heaters kept me nice and warm in the winter, and your AC and sunroof kept me nice and cool in the summer. I am sorry that a stupid girl didn't see you ran into you. I think that she didn't mean to so please forgive her! I know that you won't have me as your owner any more, tomorrow you are getting towed away by the tow truck. :( I cried when I found this out tonight. Penny, you were such a great quality car, you never let me down and here I am letting you down! Well good riddance my cast iron friend!
with much deep love,
Bethany

I had a lot of fun driving you. Do you see how beautiful your interior was? :(

We took you to Salt Lake, it was quite an adventure! We got lost a couple of times. You didn't fail us though. We eventually made it to the state basketball championships!
This was your boy friend, Gil. Isn't he pretty handsome? I would say so. He even kissed you once.
You took me to work out with my friends! You helped me to get in shape during the summer!
Your sunroof provided us with a lot of fun memories! I will miss these memories!
This is what happened to you after the accident! :( I am sooooo sorry! Poor Penny!
I just have 3 requirements for my next car:
1. Seat heaters
2. Sunroof
3. small enough to maneuver.
Penny provided me with all of these requirements!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Farewell, Penny. Thanks for taking such great care of Bethany, and faithfully returning her home at the end of each rendezvous. You received an endearing eulogy ~ you should feel loved forever.

Lauren A said...

Dearest Penny,

You meant the world to me. Now that you are gone, the very stars seem to have fallen from the sky. The birds refuse to sing. Yes, the sun still shines, but it isn't strong enough to evaporate my tears. I will never forget that special moment you and I shared in the Fit Stop parking lot, which was actually rather frightening. Luckily you were already a little scratched up, so my kiss didn't damage you. It used to be just Penny and Gil some nights.....now I'm probably going to move on to your successor--what is her name? Georgia? Janet? Doesn't matter. PENNY, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Yours,

GILBERT